Ordering & Delivery
- Where does Raised Right deliver?
We can deliver to all 48 contiguous states in the USA with free shipping. We also have the ability to deliver to Alaska & Hawaii, but we have to charge shipping for orders going to these 2 states. If you’re located in either of these 2 states and would like a shipping quote, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping address.
- What should I do with the packaging?
Our bags are made from plastic #2, which is BPA-free and can be picked up by most curbside recycling programs. These bags can be recycled into many items such as picnic tables, pens, and even recycling containers themselves. Our boxes are made from cardboard that can be picked up by most curbside recycling programs. The refrigerated liners inside our custom shipping boxes are made from a biodegradable film and recycled textile fibers.
- What happens if I’m not home when my delivery arrives?
Don’t worry, we’ll still deliver! We don’t require a signature upon arrival and our custom shipping boxes are designed to keep your pet’s meals cold until midnight of your delivery day. We email you the tracking number for the delivery as soon as your pet’s meals are shipped so you will know when the package arrives.
- When is the deadline to place my order each week?
Our company guarantee is that your food will arrive by Saturday at the latest each week if your order is placed before our weekly deadline (Mondays at 9pm EST). We start shipping our boxes for the week on Mondays, so your food could arrive as early as Tuesday if your address is located in our 1-day shipping radius.
- Can I adjust my order?
- What if I need to change my pet’s information?
- If your pet’s information has significantly changed, we suggest cancelling an existing plan and creating a new meal plan. If you simply need updated food serving calculations, click on the customized feeding menu on the bottom of our site and input your pet’s updated information. Please feel free to call us if you need any help changing your pet’s information.
- Can I pause my order?
- Yes! Go to your account by clicking on the account icon, then navigate to the subscriptions page. From this page you can pause current subscriptions. If you want to resume a paused order, click reactivate.
- Can I change the address for my delivery?
- You can change your delivery by going to your account profile and clicking on addresses which will allow you to change both your billing and shipping addresses.
- What if I’m travelling or out of town?
- If someone is unable to receive your package for you, please contact us as soon as possible. We ship our orders on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays and will be able to delay your package to the following week, if you contact us by the previous Sunday.
- What if I need to change my pet’s information?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
We are committed to do everything we can to keep you as a lifelong customer, so please give us a call or send us an email before making this decision. To cancel your subscription, go to your account by clicking on the account icon, then navigate to the subscriptions page. From this page you can cancel your order. We also want to let you know that if you’re going on vacation, you can pause your order by clicking pause on the subscriptions page. When you get back from vacation click reactivate to resume a paused order.
Usage & Storage
- How do I store Raised Right?
Each bag should be stored in the freezer until ready to defrost. Each bag will remain fresh in your refrigerator for 6 days after it’s defrosted.
- How do I transition my dog to Raised Right?
Below you’ll find our recommended guidelines for transitioning your dog to our food:
Day 1 – 3: Serve your previous food with 25% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 4 – 6: Serve your previous food with 50% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 7 – 9: Serve your previous food with 75% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 10: Serve 100% Raised Right.
- How do I transition my cat to Raised Right?
Below you’ll find our recommended guidelines for transitioning your cat to our food:
Day 1: Serve your previous food with 10% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 2: Serve your previous food with 20% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 3: Serve your previous food with 30% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 4: Serve your previous food with 40% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 5: Serve your previous food with 50% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 6: Serve your previous food with 60% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 7: Serve your previous food with 70% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 8: Serve your previous food with 80% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 9: Serve your previous food with 90% of the serving being Raised Right.
Day 10: Serve 100% Raised Right.
- How much food should I serve my pet?
We’ve developed a proprietary algorithm with our pet food formulation expert and veterinarian to determine how many calories your pet should be consuming per day based on your pet’s age, weight, and activity level. We also understand that no one knows your pet as well as you do, that’s why we let you decide if you want your pet to maintain, gain, or lose weight. The option to have your pet maintain, gain, or lose weight is only available to pet’s 1+ years old because puppies are continually growing.
- How long will Raised Right stay fresh after it’s delivered?
Each bag will have a best before date stamped on it with the freezer shelf life. After your pet’s food is defrosted, it will remain fresh in your refrigerator for 6 days.
- How is Raised Right’s food made?
All our food is lightly cooked in a USDA inspected human-grade facility with ingredients that have passed the standards necessary for human consumption. Our food is lightly cooked to the minimum temperatures required by the USDA to kill pathogens like E.coli, salmonella, & listeria (145 F for beef & pork and 165 F for chicken & turkey). Low temp cooking meets the USDA pathogen kill-step, while maintaining high levels of moisture and nutritional integrity. After each batch is cooked, we conduct lab safety tests for pathogens such as E.coli, salmonella, & listeria to help ensure they’re safe to eat. We have a hold release program where we don’t ever ship our food unless it has passed the lab safety test.
We work alongside world renowned veterinarian, Dr. Karen Becker and pet food formulation expert Steve Brown to formulate limited ingredient recipes that are low in carbs. Most of our recipes have less than 2% carbs because we don’t use any high carb fillers like potato, rice, oats, yam, squash, barley, parsnips, corn, or wheat. All our recipes meet AAFCO’s requirements for a complete & balanced diet specific to the stage-of-life each pet is in. We have recipes formulated specifically for adult dogs, puppies, and adult cats. We were recently recognized by the Innovative Veterinary Care Journal for the impact our recipes are making in the lives of dogs & cats by being awarded the 2019 Innovation Award for Nutrition.
Every single ingredient in our recipes has a purpose. We had to add a couple of minerals to our puppy growth recipes and a couple of vitamins to our adult cat recipes, but we were able to formulate all of our adult dog recipes to meet AAFCO’s requirements for a complete & balanced diet through using ONLY whole foods without having to add any vitamins and minerals. Here’s a link to a video of Dr. Becker explaining the purpose of every ingredient in our recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBI6PVXRnY&
- Why don’t we ask you what your pet’s breed is when calculating your customized feeding instructions?
On a cellular level, a dog’s DNA is a dog’s DNA, and a cat’s DNA is a cat’s DNA. The only connection your pet’s breed has to its daily calorie requirement is through its activity level. The problem with this is that the activity level for every pet within a breed isn’t the same. We understand that no one knows your pet as well as you do, that’s why we let you decide your pet’s activity level. We’ve also taken the ability to customize your pet’s meals a step further through allowing you to decide if you want your pet to maintain, gain, or lose weight.