If you or your child are a fan of the PAW Patrol then you might be looking for one of the famous dog names from the cartoon for your own pup. In this article, we will go over all of the famous PAW Patrol canine friend names, and help you pick the best one!
What Is PAW Patrol?
First things first, you might not be certain what PAW Patrol is even about. PAW Patrol is a popular animated TV show for children, airing on Nickelodeon.
The series follows the adventures of a young boy named Ryder who leads a crew of search and rescue dogs that call themselves the PAW Patrol. They work together to complete various missions and to protect their hometown called Adventure Bay.
Each pup has a specific skill set that resembles those of real-life professionals, such as a firefighter, a police officer, or a construction worker.
PAW Patrol achieved astonishing success as a series, which allowed the famous dog characters to continue expanding their popularity through a PAW Patrol movie, several video games, and PAW Patrol toys.
Popular PAW Patrol Names for your Pup
The famous original cast of pups in the series contained the following names:
- Chase – The police and spy dog with an incredible sense of smell
- Marshall – The clumsy dalmatian who serves as a firefighter
- Skye – A cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix) that provides air rescue
- Rocky – The mixed breed pup that provides recycling and handyman services
- Rubble – The bulldog who is an expert in construction
- Zuma – The labrador retriever that provides water rescue
More PAW Patrol Character Names
Later introduced characters with names that might just sound right for your new pup!
- Robo-Dog – Works as a driver for the large vehicles in PAW Patrol. Unlike other dogs, he can communicate only through barks
- Everest – The popular Siberian husky that serves as a snow rescue pup thanks to her amazing ability to clear out the snow
- Tracker – A chihuahua that provides jungle rescue and is simultaneously the youngest pup on PAW Patrol
- Tuck – One of the two golden retriever siblings who are called the Mighty Twins
- Ella – The other half of the golden retriever sibling duo
- Rex – A funny Bernese Mountain Dog who is an expert on dinosaurs and who uses a wheeled walker to get around because he is a paraplegic
- Liberty – A young dachshund that uses a blue scooter to get around
- Rory, Rory, and Shade – Felines and upcoming characters in PAW Patrol
PAW Patrol Villain Names
Although they might not be the best or nicest of the bunch, one of these quirky villain names could serve as the perfect name for your pup!
- Sweetie – The Terrier who is the pet dog of the Princess of Barkingburg
- Busby – A robotic toy frog belonging to Sweetie
- Sid Swashbuckle – A pirate and the captain of the Swashbuckle Sloop
- Arrby – A pirate dog and the first mate of Sid Swashbuckle
- Ladybird – A magpie resembling thief that steals shiny things
- Hubcab – A french bulldog and leader of the Ruff-Ruff Pack
- Gasket – A Siberian Husky and one of the members of the Ruff-Ruff Pack
- Dwayne – A Great Dane and member of the Ruff-Ruff Pack
- Claw – A male doberman pinscher and an ex-knight of Barkingbur
Disney Cartoon Dog Names
Check out all of the dog names for the Disney classics we all know and love.
- Nana – from Peter Pan
- Goofy – the Disney icon
- Luca – from Luca
- Tramp – from Lady and the Tramp
- Bolt – the German shepherd from Bolt
- Georgette – the poodle from Oliver and Company
- Chief – the Irish wolfhound from The Fox and the Hound
- Smee – from Peter Pan
- Alice – from Alice in Wonderland
- Pooh – from Winnie the Pooh
- Rolly – from 101 Dalmatians
- Copper – the basset hound from The Fox and the Hound
- Pongo – from 101 Dalmatians
- Dodger – from Oliver and Company
- Tito – the Chihuahua from Oliver and Company
- Marlin – from Finding Nemo
- Patch – from 101 Dalmatians
- Dug – the golden retriever from Up
- Merida – from Brave
- Remy – from Ratatouille
- Thumper – from Bambi
- Baymax – from Big Hero 6
- Francis – the bulldog from Oliver and Company
- Percy – the pug from Pocahontas
- Bambi – from Bambi
- Bing Bong – from Inside Out
- Lady – a cocker spaniel from Lady and the Tramp
- Slink – the dachshund-shaped slinky toy from Toy Story
- Boo – from Monsters, Inc.
- Simba – from The Lion King
- Chip – from Beauty and the Beast
- Moana – from Moana
- Perdita – from 101 Dalmatians
- Stitch – from Lilo & Stitch
- Lilo – from Lilo & Stitch
If you’re looking for more inspiration, you’ll surely find what you need in our list of best Disney dog names or best dog names from the movies!
Cartoon Network Inspired Dog Names
Check out this selection of nostalgic names from famous Cartoon Network cartoons!
- Garnet – from Steven Universe
- Peridot – from Steven Universe
- Connie – from Steven Universe
- Jack – from Samurai Jack
- Dexter – from Dexter’s Laboratory
- Finn – from Adventure Time
- Rigby – from The Regular Show
- Raven – from Teen Titans
- Jerry – from Tom and Jerry
- Bubblegum – from Adventure Time
- Jake – from Adventure Time
- Tom – from Tom and Jerry
- Stewie – from Family Guy
- Lapis Lazuli – from Steven Universe
- Ice Bear – from We Bare Bears
- Ben – from Ben 10
- Bloo – from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
- Kuki – from Codename: Kids Next Door
- Bugs Bunny – from Looney Toons
- Chowder – from Chowder
- Mordecai – from The Regular Show
- Courage – from Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Marceline – from Adventure Time
- Ed – from Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Billy – from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Mandy – from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Starfire – from Teen Titans
The unique crew of talented dogs from PAW Patrol is a perfect source of inspiration for the name of your new pup. If you did not find yours in PAW Patrol, there are plenty of excellent pup names in other nostalgic cartoons. We hope to have given you some useful ideas!